Measures against Corona Virus (Covid-19)
the Corona virus (Covid-19) is spreading rapidly. So far there is no need for concern here at our dorm, nevertheless we will take some protective measures to minimize the risk of contagion.
- From today on until further notice there will be no more personal consultation hours at our rental office.
- For all concerns and matters you want to discuss with the rental office, please write an EMAIL. Our team members will be happy to respond.
- The caretaker‘s service will be limited to emergencies and very urgent repairs. If your concerns are of less urgency we ask you to please be patient. In urgent cases you can reach the caretaker’s service by EMAIL.
- The gym and the Learning Lounge will be closed from Monday (March 16th) until further notice.
- Posters that give information about important protection and hygienic measures will be put up in all houses.
- We are in contact with the Berlin authorities, to coordinate any further measures according to the development of the overall situation.
What can I do as a resident?
- Please inform yourself about the Covid-19 virus and protective measures.
- If you experience flu-like symptoms please stay at home. In so doing you protect your house- and flatmates as well as our staff.
- Take care of each other.
- We also ask you to keep the common areas, kitchens and bathrooms even cleaner than you normally do.
- We recommend that you follow basic household hygiene rules: infektionsschutz.de.
The following basic rules and measures offer the best protection against the Covid-19 virus:
- avoid to shake hands
- wash your hands thoroughly
- keep a distance of 1,5m to other persons
- don’t touch your face with your hands
- cough or sneeze into a paper towel or hold the crook of your arm in front of your nose and mouth
- air your work and living rooms four times a day for approximately ten minutes.
We are all responsible now for protecting ourselves as well as others and for helping to slow down the spread of the epidemic.
Where can I find further information?
- FAQ des Robert Koch-Instituts
- FAQ der Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Aufklärung
- Corona Virus – Seite mit Hinweisen der WHO (engl.)
- 10 wichtige Hygienetipps in 6 Sprachen (DE | EN | FR | RU | TR | AR)